Christine Tronge, LCSW (BBS# 27832)
As a therapist, I strive to help people make new discoveries about themselves and what helps them overcome the obstacles they face. My patients trust me to guide them on their journey to achieve the goals they set for themselves. As someone who understands the transformative power of therapy, I’m passionate about learning, listening, and bringing balance and wellness to the lives of my patients. I enjoy working with people from all walks of life, and if you or someone you love is going through a difficult time of depression, anxiety, or another mental health issue, please contact me to setup a consultation.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in individual therapy and I maintain a private practice on The Alameda in San Jose, California.
With over 17 years experience as a psychotherapist, and as a graduate of Western Michigan University with an MSW specializing in clinical treatment, I currently serve as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among my areas of expertise are mood disorders, relationship issues, career and work challenges/transitions, addictions, anxiety, unresolved grief, self-esteem, women’s issues and issues regarding spirituality.
My therapeutic style is empathic, nonjudgmental, compassionate and with a deep regard for you as a person; I consider it an honor to be able to provide services to my clients and treat them with a deep sense of respect. The therapeutic approach I use is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. As needed, I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK, August 1995
- Concentration: Clinical Treatment
BACHELOR OF ARTS, April 1991
- Major: Comparative Religion Minor: French
- American Association of University Women Scholarship, 1990 & 1995
- Member: Lee Honors College & Golden Key National Honor Society
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member—California Society for Clinical Social Work
- Member—National Association of Social Workers
- Member—National Association for Addiction Professionals
- Certified Instructor—Non-Violent Crisis Intervention via the Crisis Prevention Institute
- Financial Chair—NASW-CA (Region B)
- Member—Board of Directors—Friends Outside
- Member—Board of Directors—ACT Mental Health
- Member—North Carolina Society for Clinical Social Workers
- Board Member—North Carolina Society for Clinical Social Workers
- Co-Chair—(NCSCSW) Continuing Education Committee
Get in touch!
Request an Appointment
Ready to take the first step?
Learn more about what we offer.